Saturday, February 11, 2012

why i love my job

I work with a worldwide ministry called CRU at Purdue University.  Our desire at Purdue is to see lost student become Christ centered laborers.  After ten years on staff with CRU here at Purdue I've seen some really neat things happen here and around the world.  Yesterday though I was reminded again why I love my job.  I meet with three students and one staff on campus each week to train them in ministry and encourage them in discipleship.  So yesterday when I met with Sarah we got to talk to two girls in Meredith Hall about Christ.  We got to ask some good questions and encourage them that true life is possible in a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  That part was very cool, but what I loved is what I saw on my way out the door.  As I walked down the hall to come back home I saw Ellen, another girl I meet with each week sitting in a lounge taking to a Chinese girl that lives there in Meredith and Ellen was sharing with her the Knowing God Personally Booklet.  I could hear her explaining Jesus' death on the cross as I walked away.  I thought....THIS IS AN AWESOME LIFE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment