Saturday, February 4, 2012

Monkey Bars

This week I was at a meeting for moms who are doing this awesome, crazy, hard, complicated, rewarding job that is CRU.  The analogy was shared that life is always like hanging from the monkey bars...if you are going to move forward, there will always also be a letting go.  This struck me as a pretty beautiful metaphor for life.  Letting go can be hard or wonderful or bittersweet.  One of my favorite quotes if from Jim Elliot and it goes, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."  What I need to believe is that letting go is good, great even when it means I'm grabbing on to something better...something in faith...when it means God is at work to grow me to conform me and to bring me that much closer to Him. There is a hope that doesn't disappoint....the gospel is what allows my grip to relax a little, my legs to swing forward and and my hand to reach out to grab hold...

No comments:

Post a Comment