Wednesday, February 8, 2012
eat clean?
I am pretty interested in nutition although I am not great at following a nutritious diet (or spelling nutritious as that took my 5 tries to get it right). I am a lifetime member of weight watchers which I like because it keeps me accountable to at least make an effort at eating right as a lifestyle. So anyway, I was interested when my friend showed me this cookbook she has called "The Eat-Clean Diet". It is somewhat like what they do on biggest loser if you've ever read a cook book of theirs. It's basically would require a total and i mean TOTAL overhaul of my life. That's not all bad but I'm not sure it's realistically sustainable if you know what I mean. But, I do want to get healthier and I definitely want my kids to grow up knowing what it means to eat and live a healthy lifestyle. I think when they were really little I did a really good job of this...no sugar really etc. but as they get older it get harder and I think with Evie I haven't done nearly as well. So I want to work on that which I think will take some time to wean off fruit-loops (I know...i know) and eat less candy. I want to adopt a few practices: 1. drink a ton more water (she says 2-3liters a day) I will let you know how this goes. 2. eat less at once...but more often. 3. More vegetable, less sugar and white flour. I tried something new today as well which is so funny but I've NEVER had a hard boiled egg. They always smelled weird to me but this book convinced me that they are do great and so full of protein so I tried it. Actually I just had the white but it was good. One of my daughters is allergic to eggs but for the others I think we'll start incorporating more egg whites into our diet....especially because they love eggs. It feels hard to really adopt some of these things because as I read the cookbook...half of the ingredients I've never heard of. For example, bee pollen? I mean...i HAVE heard of it but what is it and where do you get it and let's be honest...i'm not that committed. Anyway, I felt inspired to try a little harder!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment