I'm definitely new to the concept of clean eating and so I'm not sure if these are technically "clean" because of the butter and buttermilk and the choc. chips....BUT they are certainly cleaner than if they were full of white sugar and white flour so I'm happy with them!
Double Chocolate Cupcakes
2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 egg white
1 Tbs Flax seed
3 Tbs water
1/2 cup buttermilk (1%)
1/4 cup water
1 TBS white vinegar
1 Tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup mini semisweet choc chips
In a mixing Bowl, mix butter and agave nectar, add flax seed plus 3 tbs water and egg white. Beat well. Stir in buttermilk, water, vinegar, and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda and salt: add to the butter and egg mixture; add to batter just til moist. Stir in chips. Spray a muffin man with olive oil and fill 3/4 full. Bake at 375 for 15ish minutes.
The clean eating has been going great. I would saw I'm eating about 90% of my diet is following the clean eating guidelines. I do feel really good and it's been fairly easy! I drink way more water then I used to, eat more often but less at the actual lunch and dinner times and more at breakfast. So far it's been awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment