Well, we went out to garage sale again this saturday (yes, I just turned "garage sale" into a verb). We did get a few good things but overall it wasn't great. We spent about 20$, (at this rate this could become a very expensive habit!). The first sale we went to we got three Adirondack chairs for 5$. This was a great find because we have been wanting to get some of these chairs for the yard. Also I got a nice dress for the girls for 3$ and a clothes drying rack for 2$ (also something we've been wanting to get). They then threw in earmuffs and two stuffed animals for free (not that we need anymore stuffed animals). We went to 4 sales total and picked up a wee sing pretend cd for the girls and then ryan found some strange things he is trying to sell on ebay. He bought a ceramic Laurel and Hardy doll set, a creapy ceramic clown, a eukelele and some ET cards. Kind of weird but we'll see if he can sell them.

I have been working on the sergers I found last week with Sarah Pippenger's help and the verdict is that they need some work. They both run but don't sew properly so hopefully I can get them up and running. My plan after some consultation at a sewing store is to keep the Huskylock 234d and sell the Singer.
Money made to date on garage saleing from this year-0$. uh-oh.
No comments:
Post a Comment