Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sales on Saturday

One of our family hobbies/traditions is to go to garage sales on Saturday mornings.  I think it would be fun to document our finds each weekend.   I usually am looking for kids items and Ryan is scoping out things he can buy to then sell for more and cover the garage sale habit.  So we went this weekend to three sales and here is what we found.  We spent about 40$ give or take a a few dollars.  This is a hefty amount for us but is because of the two sergers that I bought.  We will be selling one of these and should make 60-80$ on that.  Ryan also found a vintage lunch box and copper pipe that he will be selling.  I'll try to update about how much we make from our garage sale habit.
Here was the haul

Elle is modeling a swimsuit that we got and Reese a little sundress.  I also got 10 other items for the twins, shirts, skirts, shorts.  Mostly they are for next year though.  I bought two serger sewing machines which I think is AWESOME because I actually was getting ready to buy a brand new one.  One is a huskylock 234d and cost 10$ and the other is a Singer that cost 15. I will be keeping one but I'm not sure yet which and then we will sell the other.  Ryan got a flexible keyboard for 1$ but I'm not sure of his plans for it.  One hazard of family garage sale trips is when the kids (usually Evie) see something that they just HAVE to have.  Well, Evie saw this piggy toy that she had to have so that cost 3$.  We also scored a cool sign FOR FREE.  I think we are going to give this to CRU to use though. 

Other items we bought are: Beatles Revolver Lunch Box (.75) to sell, Copper pipe (.75), Book "A Farewell to Arms" (.10), light swith ($1), light faceplate (.10) and Four homeschool books for the kids (1.00 for all four).  Over all it was a great trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment